Saturday, July 7, 2007

happy america day!

what's the best way to celebrate the 4th of july? eating lots of food and lighting things on fire, of course! well, for joel the fire part wasn't so fun. he freaked out when we tried to give him a sparkler. he was considerably calmer once the sparkler was gone, but he still wasn't happy until he was safely back inside. so sad.

here's the firetruck firework that joel picked out. it was pretty tragic for him to watch us light it on fire. on top of that, it was really loud and annoying. very terrifying for a 2 year old, i'm sure.

we had a BBQ with morgan, doug and jackie, and our friends, sarah and dave aller, and sarah's brother, jake. we ate lots of yummy food...




played the drums...






played with the busy ball popper - a favorite with the adults as well as the kids...




...and enjoyed lots of fireworks. thank goodness for america and the wonderful blessing of freedom that we enjoy here. hope your 4th was awesome.

5 comments:

Kadi said...

Looks like you had such a fun 4th! I'm glad, but sad that we weren't there having fun with you guys. We so miss being with everyone. I'm so sad for Joel, seriously how traumatizing with the firetruck. Also, I understand that pyromaniac Ben and pyromaniac Doug burned their hands a bit...well, I'm telling Mom.

My Little Hobby said...

I just wanted to say hi, Whitney! Thanks for your comment! Have a great day.

Jillian said...

Ooooh, poor Joel! I thought he would like the fireworks. And seriously, how sad for him to have to watch a fire truck be lit on fire. How cruel, Whitney!
No worries though, I'm sure the day will come when he'll be jumping over them and throwing fire around dangerously with his dad.

Cameron said...

I guess it must be hard to know who enjoyed the 4th more, judging by those pictures... Ben and Doug or Joel and Kadin. It sure is cool to be able to see everyone's blogs! Keep postin!

Lark said...

We love that ball popper too! Best christmas present ever. Yeah, that would be tragic to see your fire engine caught on fire..